Interviewing Chloe Webb!

This week we have interviewed Chloe Webb! 

What did you study, where and when did you graduate?
I studied Textiles in Practice at Manchester School of Art and graduated in 2016.

Describe your work in 3 words.
Simple, yet fun.

Tell us about your favourite piece of work.
I think I'd have to say the cushion collection I produced for my degree show. Even though I've loved everything I've done since then, I was so proud of them when they were finished and felt a real sense of achievement after three years of hard work. They currently sit on my sofa in the studio and make me smile every time I'm in there. 


Tell us about life after your degree.
Non-stop! Since finishing, I've been working as a Studio Design Assistant for a wall mural company called Wallsauce. Being a part of their team means my days are hugely varied; I work with clients on custom orders, I help expand current collections with new designs and I also source new artists and designers which I think we can collaborate with! It's a fairly new company, so it's super exciting to see how it is developing and growing so quickly!

I've also launched my own screen print and pattern design company called Redfern Prints. It's all very new still, but I love the opportunities it has provided me with already and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming selection of products I'm releasing in the Autumn (so keep your eyes peeled)!

If you could give your student self some advice, what would it be?
-Have faith in yourself and what you're doing. 
-It's okay to have shit days, where everything goes wrong - normally the next day will be a great success (but don't panic if it isn't). 
-Go to bed an hour earlier- you'll thank yourself in the morning, whilst also saving money on coffee.
-Don't panic about graduating; everything will turn out okay. 
-Always say yes to another gin and tonic. (M: YES! always great advice) 

What item could you not live without?
Food. Is that cheating? I genuinely think eating is a hobby of mine. 

Bonus question. If you were only allowed to eat one item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Well, considering my previous answer, I don't think can answer that. Can I pass?
If not, I guess I'd have to say cheese. Nothing beats a good ol' baked camembert.



Instagram @redfernprints 

Amazing interview! Thank you so much Chloe! Best of luck with RedFernPrints! (well worth a nosey guys!) 

Comments