frustration

Image stolen from @louisegray__ whom you should most definitely follow on instagram

A personal one from me today... I've spent my day off from work searching for arts jobs and writing proposals for exhibtions and I am EXHAUSTED. Sometimes it's exciting, looking for opportunities to show your work and meet new people, but today it was mostly soul destroying.  It's something I've been thinking about a lot recently, having just finished my teaching course and having to decide on my next steps.. which does not include teaching. Not yet anyway.

You post things you're involved in on social media, tell people about the successes but no one talks about the 80% of things you apply to but never hear back from, or get the dreaded 'thanks but no thanks!' rejection email... it's very easy to look at other people's successes and feel frustrated at your own lack of progress but it's important to remember that things are not always as they seem on instagram...

However, a very wise woman told me to keep on keeping on, so keeping on I shall do.

Cx 

Comments