Interviewing Ben Inkster

This Week's interview is with Mr Ben Inkster,
read on to find out more!


What did you study, where and when did you graduate?
Manchester School of Art, Fine Art, 2015

Describe your work in 3 words
B: ‘errmmmm drawing with paint’

Tell us about your favourite piece of your work 
B: ‘errrrr probably 'Moron' one of my degree show pieces, it was my *posh voice* moment of clarity'
'Moron' 2015



Tell us about life after your degree
B: ‘I got a job to stay in Manchester so I didn’t have to move back to my mums house, where there are no jobs. A job means that I don’t have as much time for my practice as I’d like.. but I can’t live without it.
I am enjoying my own practice more now, without the stress of an assessment at the end of it.
I don’t feel as guilty when I’m not making work.’ 

If you could give your student self some advice, what would it be? 
B: ‘chill the fuck out’

What item could you not function without?
B: ‘my little shitty tool box that I’ve had since college’
M: ‘why?’
B: ‘it keeps all my bits of things in it’

Bonus question for an extra point.. just kidding there are no points. 
Favourite Spice Girl?
B: ‘Sporty Spice’
M: ‘Why?’

B: ‘she does backflips 'n' shit’

See more of Ben's work on Instagram @beninkster 

Cheers Ben! Stay tuned for next weeks interview! 

Comments