Interview with Jasmine Heaney

This week's interview is with Jasmine Sibéal Heaney, 

What did you study, where and when did you graduate?

BA (Hons) Textiles In Practice
Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester School Of Art.
Graduated July 2016

Describe your work in 3 words

Colourful
Conceptual
Graphic

Tell us about your favourite piece of your work 

My favourite piece of work has to be my final major project at college. For me that was the first time I felt passionate, comfortable and proud to create and exhibit conceptual work where I could express and deal with taboo subjects.












Tell us about life after your degree

I work in an office full time as a customer service advisor for an online fashion retailer. What has kept me sane the past year, helped me to grow, develop what I’m interested in and figure out what I’d like to do as a career path has been the UpRising Environmental Leadership Programme. I recommend the programme to anyone aged 19-24 who is interested in campaigning, leadership, or social action. 

If you could give your student self some advice, what would it be? 

“Comparison is the thief of joy” - Theodore Roosevelt. You don’t have to have all the answers now. Don’t worry about trying to get it “right”. Take more chances, dare greatly, make mistakes, fuck up, fuck up again, and don’t hold on so tightly to the idea of what’s expected.

What item could you not function without?

My Urbanears Hellas wireless headphones. 

Bonus question for an extra point.. just kidding there are no points. What’s your favourite biscuit?


Custard Creams. Classic!

See more of Jasmine's work here: 
@cuprisinguk
jasminesibealheaney.wixsite.com/portfolio

Comments